Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ash Wednesday Poem


Courtney Cowart posted this on her Facebook page yesterday, and I recited it in my sermon; I'm  not sure if she wrote it or got it elsewhere--when I find out, I will revise this!
 
Fast from pessimism; feast on optimism.
Fast from criticism; feast on praise.
Fast from self-pity; feast on joy.
Fast from bitterness; feast on forgiveness.
Fast from idle gossip; feast on purposeful silence.
Fast from jealousy; feast on love.
Fast from discouragement; feast on hope.
Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation.
Fast from selfishness; feast on service.
Fast from fear; feast on faith.
Fast from anger; feast on patience.
Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others.
Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment